24 April 2012

New York Cheesecake

Cheese cake is either you love it or hate it. I used to hate cheese when I was a kid. I’m not sure when I start to love cheese. One day, I checked on all the baking ingredients available in my fridge. I saw cream cheese, digestive biscuits, butter, sour cream….. So New york cheesecake recipes come to my mind. *wink wink wink*










Ingredients:

250g                Digestive biscuits
125g                Butter, unsalted and melted
750g                Cream cheese at room temperature
300ml               Sour Cream Light
4                   Eggs
200g                Caster sugar
½ tsp               Vanilla extract
2 tsp               lemon rind
2 tbsp              Plain flour
Smucker Blueberry Jam for serving


Method:


  1. Line a 24cm springform pan with parchment paper
  2. Preheat oven to 160 degree
  3. Melt butter and finely crushed the biscuits
  4. Press the well combined biscuits into the springform pan
  5. Place in the fridge for 30mins to chill
  6. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon rind until well mix
  7. Add in flour
  8. Add in egg one at a time, continue beating until combined
  9. Lastly, stir in sour cream
  10. Bake for 1 ½ hours until the center of the cake is set
  11. Cool down cake completely in the oven with door ajar
Tips: To prevent cake from cracking and maintain the moist of the cake




  1. Chill cake in fridge for more than 5 hours and overnight
  2. Serve chill with blueberry jam as topping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments